Thursday, September 12, 2024

UPDATE: B10 Nights Dark Terror & X2 Castle Amber conversion to YZE resumed.

 ive been playing these two modules for decades with various groups and I firmly believe they are - each in its own way - a masterpiece - or as close as an adventure can get to that title. 

a few years back, I started converting B10 to YZE with a campaign that used YZE as the engine to play in Mystara. 

I was really excited and had plans and it started really well, wandering the grand duchy of Karameikos using the old hex map of GAZ1. 

unfortunately, that campaign came to an end somewhere during the COVID years and I didn't finish B10 (not to mention starting on the conversion of castle amber). we finished the campaign somewhere before the party reached Sukiskyn and that epic battle ("the helms deep" of the adventure).

since then, I played a few dnd sessions in the Thunder Rift setting (a charming naive mini setting) and played castle amber (damn what a module! so many hooks and paths to further expand it. the peak of tom moldvay.) and I instantly knew this one should be converted to year zero as well (I was mainly thinking of locating the castle in the forbidden lands).

but first things first: I searched for the notes of B10 and I'm continuing the work on it. hopefully ill finish it in month and publish it. 

the art by the amazing Helen Bedford


No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATE: B10 Nights Dark Terror & X2 Castle Amber conversion to YZE resumed.

 ive been playing these two modules for decades with various groups and I firmly believe they are - each in its own way - a masterpiece - or...