Wednesday, September 11, 2024

The Ravens Call - trying to import some of the forbidden lands experience to the BX / BECMI players

somewhere last year, I had a party that wanted to play dnd... and dnd only. 

they're old dudes like myself but they wouldn't allow themselves to play anything but old school dnd - take away the concepts of HP & "zero to hero" and they get lost...

so, I wrote a retroclone (a very short one) to try and inject a few elements that forbidden lands does well: namely wilderness travel, in the hope they will taste a bit and get "converted" to play FL (some did!)

I love old school dnd. it was the introduction to TTRPG to me back in the eighties. 

this a humble attempt.

you can get it HERE along with a sample character sheet




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATE: B10 Nights Dark Terror & X2 Castle Amber conversion to YZE resumed.

 ive been playing these two modules for decades with various groups and I firmly believe they are - each in its own way - a masterpiece - or...